Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hard times at the Rice's


Well this weekend was not what I expected. I was expecting I end up in the hospital having a new baby, but Chris decided he wanted to beat me there. Saturday he had another basketball game and while he was running he ended up tearing his Achilles Tendon. We ended up at the hospital for Xrays. Not what we wanted to be doing on our Sat. So he is down and can't walk, except to hop with some crutches to the bathroom. I have been running around trying to take care of him and Ryan. Not very easy when you are 9 months pregnant and have contractions of your own. So tomorrow we go to my dr. appt. and then to the Orthapedic Surgeon to see what is really wrong with it and maybe have to schedule surgery. On top of all of this we may not have insurance from the school to help us with this. Oh how we love the trials in our lives. Last night Chris slept on the couch and didn't want to sleep by himself, so I got the air mattress out and slept next to him. At about 6:00 a.m. Ryan got up crying and coughing, so he got to come down and sleep with mommy, so we were all having a sleepover. We all slept in until 10:30 which was nice. I will update when I know more about Chris or me.
fun sleepover

3 comments:

Tylynn said...

Oh Bethany! Oh Chris! I am so sorry to hear of this. Let us know how it goes at the Dr. Love you all! Tylynn

Laura Chapman said...

Oh, that's too bad, especially so close to when you're going to have the baby. Good luck with the Ortho Surgeon...it's always such anticipation waiting to find out what's really wrong and the options!

Anonymous said...

We'll keep you in our prayers!!!! Student insurance does wonders. (NOT!!!!)