Monday, February 16, 2009

New Cast and a fun Valentine's



Chris finally got into his new cast. As soon as he got home from work, he set Ryan to coloring on it. Ryan thought this was great, it looks a little like graffiti, but really cute. Chris really likes this cast a lot better than the soft cast. He feels like this leg is more supported and it doesn't hurt as much. So 5 more weeks of crutches and then he gets to walk on it. He is better at getting around, he has been trying to make me not do as much stuff for him.

Our Valentine's day was not very exciting, but in our 4 years of marriage, I don't think we have had a normal one. I went to my parents since he worked all day and then we went over to his parents to watch basketball. We were going to go to the movies, but yet again we ended up at the hospital. My contractions started at about 8:45 that evening. We went home and got Ryan to bed and then his parents watched Ryan as we went walking around. Where in Rexburg do you go walking at about 10:00 at night. We went to walmart and walk around for about 45 mins. I didn't know what to do so we went home and talked to his mom. We said a little prayer and felt that we should just go get checked in case. I also hadn't feel him move all day so that concerned us. It was really funny because at the ER the nurse came to get me in the wheel chair, luckily she brought a friend since Chris needed a wheel chair to. So we both got wheeled up to Labor and Delivery. They thought this was so funny, so they played a joke on the nursing staff and brought Chris in first. They all looked at him and was wondering how they were supposed to help him. Then I was wheeled in and they laughed. I think we made their night. So I was checked and monitored and had changed to a 2 cm. At least I had changed, but my contractions had stopped being really close, so I walked around the hospital for an hour. That is not exciting at all they aren't very many places to walk around there. Chris got to ride in the wheel chair as I pushed him around. Then we found the waiting room in Labor and Delivery, so for the last 30 mins. I just went on my own to walk and Chris watched some T.V. After the hour, which at this point was 1:30 she checked me again and she said maybe was a 2 1/2. So I was once sent home, but at least I know that my body is changed in it's own and this is going to end soon. We didn't get home until 2:30, we were so tired and spent yesterday trying to catch up on sleep. I have been having alot of contractions that are really strong but they aren't that close, so we are going to wait until my appt. tomorrow and see what the doctor's says unless something exciting happens today.
I hope the next time I update it will finally be with a cute picture of a baby on it.

No comments: