Monday, February 9, 2009

Surgery Update



I am tired of posting post that are not upbeat and I feel like I am complaining, so I wanted to wait until I had something different to blog about. No there is no baby yet and yes Chris still can't walk well, but today as Ryan and I were playing he has discovered that blankets are the best thing in the world to play Hide and Seek with. He had put his cars in the blanket and then started rolling around. It was so cute. I got some pictures for you to laugh at instead of hearing about our trials right now.

So now the fun updates.
Chris had his surgery on Thursday and things did not start out good. My parents came and picked up Ryan to have him stay with them. While I was leaving the house I locked the keys in the house, this has happened before so Chris tried to use a credit card to open it. Well he couldn't so my parents had to give us a ride to the surgery place because we were going to be late. Then we were told that the insurance company was denying Chris. I was so upset, so as they took Chris is I was on the phone with the school insurance. Well the mess with the insurance got straightened out. Chris went into surgery and it only lasted about and hour and an half. They came and got me when he finally woke up and was talking. The Doctor said that for as big as Chris was it looked like something exploded in his leg, but they got things cleaned up. I then had to call Chris' parents to come and pick us up since we didn't have a car or keys to the house. His parents tried to get our door open, but they couldn't either. So I just called my neighbor and got her husband to get some tools to open the door for us. He finally got it open so we got to come home to our house rather than to somebody else's house until I could call a locksmith. Chris was really tired when he came home and he just slept and hung out on the couch the whole weekend. He did get up and go to work today which I think is really good for him to be out of the house and concentrating on something else besides his foot.

As for me I am miserable and want this baby out. I thought I was in labor on Sat. so we went to the hospital and they said that I was just dehydrated and tired. I hadn't changed from the week before. That was really upsetting. I had my dr. appt today and I was only a 1 cent. with no change. The Dr. said let's wait another week and then we can make an appt. to induce if nothing had changed. I was really mad and cried of course, so now I am going to do whatever I can to put me into labor. I have been having lots of contractions, but apparently they are doing crap.

That is it for now I hope the next time I blog will be more uplifting or a baby, but I am counting it will be something more uplifting than a baby. So just keep checking!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that baby comes soon!!!!! Cant wait to play with him at church. Call me if you need anything or need me to take ryan out for a few hours! Ide love to help!

Nicole said...

NO worries, I have never heard of a women pregnant for longer than 10 months. Love you!

Wendy said...

Bethany! You are the best. It is okay to let out your feelings! Anyone who has been pragnantpast35 weeks knows how hard those last weeks are! I guess if you want ,some tips on getting labor to start... go for walks every day. I don't know how the weather is in rexburg right now...? Also if you are hydrated you are more likely to go into labor, weird but true. Well i am sending you lots of love!!!!!!!!!!!